Upcoming Recreation Programs
In-Service Day Camp Details
- Cost: $30 per day/ per participant
- Please note that due to social distancing, spaces are limited.
- Location: St. John’s Heritage Church and Arts Centre - 86 McArthur Ave, Lac du Bonnet, MB
- Covid-19 protocols will be in place to ensure all participants are safe while attending RM of Lac du Bonnet programs. These protocols include, but are not limited to:
- All campers and leaders will be required to wear masks at all time, except when seated for eating snack & lunch.
- All campers will be screened upon entry and temperatures checked.
- Campers will be seated at designated spots with appropriate distancing in place.
- High frequency touch points will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Group size has been limited to ensure adequate distancing.
- Children of the same family will be permitted to eat and sit at the same table, while others will be distanced.
- Sharing of food/toys/supplies/personal items will not be permitted.
- Sanitization stations will be available and time for hand washing will be added to the schedule throughout the day.
- For more information, you can read our full Covid-19 program protocol here.
REGISTER FOR CAMP HERE
We ask to pay promptly following registration. All payments must be received no later than the payment deadline listed below. If you do not pay by this deadline date, your registration will be removed and given to anyone on the waitlist.
- October 23, 2020 Camp Payment Deadline: Oct. 16, 2020
- November 20, 2020 Camp Payment Deadline: Nov. 13, 2020
- February 5, 2021 Camp Payment Deadline: Jan. 29, 2021
- March 19, 2021 Camp Payment Deadline: March 12, 2021
- May 7, 2021 Camp Payment Deadline: April 30, 2021
Special Note: Students from Centennial School will be walking over with Recreation Staff following dismissal. All participants must have a note to their teacher (agenda, email, note, etc) indicating that they will be attending this program and meeting at 3:30 at the front of the school. Guardians MUST indicate this to their teacher in order to attend and be dismissed. Staff and participants will walk to the St. John Heritage Church for the program.
Register for Doodle Pumpkins Here.
Babysitting Course coming to Lac du Bonnet this November!
Course Date: November 14, 2020 9:00-3:30 pm
Test Date: Dec. 3, 2020 6:30-7:00 pm
Register online HERE.
Due to current restrictions, spaces will be limited. Registration is accepted on a first come first serve basis.
For the safety of fellow participants and instructors we are requiring all participants MUST WEAR A MASK while participating in our programs unless otherwise indicated. The only exception to this rule will be when participants are seated during eating times.
- Participant must be 12 yrs old by February 29, 2021 to take this course.
- Cost for the course is $45.00 this includes their handbook.
- This is a full day course please send a lunch, snacks and beverage for your child.
- Some topics that will be covered include: Babysitting Basics, Child Care, How to play with Children, Fire Safety/Basic First Aid, Injuries and preventions, and diaper changing.
- Once the course is complete, participants are then required to do Practicum babysitting at someone’s home. This is to be at a NON Family Members home but due to Covid, some exceptions may apply. Your son/daughter may have to go to different homes to complete this, they are required to babysit an infant newborn-12 months of age, and either a toddler or a child up to the age of 6. This is a minimum of 4 hrs for each for a total of 8 hrs of babysitting. Your child does not get paid for doing the practicum part of this course, and the host family must be home supervising the child during this time.
- When the practicum is done participant's will then write their written exam. This will be taking place at 6:30 pm on Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020 at the RM of Lac du Bonnet Council Chambers. The test takes approximately 10-15 min.
Participants will enjoy creating a dainty tray filled with treats to enjoy with their families this holiday season!
Register HERE for Holiday Baking
Payment deadline for this program is December 11, 2020.
Paying for your Program Registration
We ask to pay promptly following registration. All payments must be received no later than the payment deadline. If you do not pay by this deadline date, your registration will be removed and given to anyone on the waitlist. You can pay for your registered program with one of the following methods:
1) Cash or Cheque dropped of at the RM of Lac du Bonnet Municipal Office
Address: 4187 MB-317 Lac du Bonnet Open Monday-Friday; 8:30-4:30 pm
Cheques can be made out: Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet. Please indicate which program you are registering for in the field memo.
2) Mail in Cheque to : Box 100 Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, R0E 1A0.
Please indicate which program you are registering for in the field memo. Cheques can be made out to: Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet
E-Transfers can be sent to email@example.com
Please send an additional email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
- The answer to the question you provided on your e-transfer
- What program you are paying for and the start date (Ex: Day camp October 25, 2020) Please be as specific as possible
- Contact Information (First Name, Last Name, etc)
- If you are paying for your child(ren), please indicate their names so that we can mark down the correct participant(s).
There are a few options available in which families can apply for financial assistance to help off-set the costs associated with recreation, sports and camp registration. If you have any questions, need help applying or would like to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact our Recreation Director. She will be apply to assist you in whatever way is needed.
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Manitoba provides grants of up to $300 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees. Clubs eligible for KidSport funding must be active members of their Provincial Sport Organizations (PSO). If you are not sure if the club you want to apply for is a member of thier respective PSO, we recommend contacting them to find out. You can find a list of all the Provincial Sport Organizations on the Sport Manitoba website here.
Jumpstart is a registered charity that helps kids from financially disadvantaged families participate in organized sports and physical activity. To be eligible for funding for one or more children, families must first meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart or are receiving the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). View the LICO chart here.
Every child deserves the opportunity to go to camp regardless of race, faith, family income, or special needs. Camp is a place where everyone belongs. The Manitoba Camping Association Sunshine Fund is here to help children experience the benefits of camp.
To apply for financial assistance, the Sunshine Fund application is available to download by clicking on the link below. To find out if you qualify for assistance, please review the Statistics Canada Low Income Cut-Off char on their website. If you qualify, the maximum subsidy amount is $700.00 per child per year.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis and only cover overnight camp programs. The number of children we can subsidize annually is dependent on public donations and grants that we receive.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
When registration is below the minimum amount required by the instructor, RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation reserves the right to cancel the program. When a class is cancelled by Niverville Recreation for any reason, participants will receive a full refund or a credit towards a future classes or programs at the registrant's request.
All other refund requests must be received in writing to the RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation Department at least 10 days prior to class start date. All refund requests will be subject to a minimum $15.00 processing charge per course/registrant cancellation request. Please email our Recreation Director for further details.
*Pre-payment is required for ALL classes prior to the payment deadline date*
CLICK HERE to view the full cancellation policy, as well as the Covid-19 Cancellation Policy.