- The RM of Lac du Bonnet taxation year runs from January to December.
- Property taxes are due on September 13th, 2019. No discount is offered for early payment. Tax statements are mailed out in July.
- Supplementary tax statements will be issued to properties that have changes in assessment due to new construction or renovations which were not reflected on the annual tax statements and will be mailed out by the end of August.
- If you are moving, please provide us with your new civic address and complete mailing address. If an ownership change occurs and you receive a tax bill for a property you no longer own, please forward the tax bill to the current owner or return it immediately to the RM office.
NOTE: Failure to receive a bill does NOT excuse an owner from responsibility for payment of taxes nor relieve that owner from liability for any late payment penalty. Penalties of 1.25% per month are added to any outstanding taxes on the first of every month beginning October 1st each year.
If you purchased a property this year and you did not receive a tax statement, please contact our office at 204-345-2619 and we will send you a copy.
If you have questions regarding your tax assessment, please contact the Municipal Assessment Branch in Selkirk at 204-785-5092.
Methods of Payment
Accepted Methods of Payments:
- Debit (ensure daily withdrawal limit covers remittance)
- Money Order
- E-Transfer - Send e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org The question is: What am I paying for? The answer is: propertytax (one word, small caps)
- Online Banking
- Tax Instalment Payment Plan (T.I.P.P.) - Is a monthly tax instalment payment plan which allows taxpayers to make monthly preauthorized payments for property taxes.
- Mail - To the following address along with the stub from your tax statement so that your payment can be applied to the correct roll number.
RM of Lac du Bonnet
Lac du Bonnet, MB
Please be advised we now have a mail slot at our current building to drop off your payment after hours.
Payments can be accepted through online banking with the following institutions
- Royal Bank of Canada - Lac du Bonnet (Rural Municipal) tax
- Scotiabank - Lac du Bonnet (mun) taxes
- Sunova Credit Union - Lac du Bonnet, RM of
- All other Credit Unions - Lac du Bonnet (Rural Municipality)
Online Banking Set-up Instructions
When setting up the RM of Lac du Bonnet with your online banking system for the first time:
1. Add a Payee
2. Search Lac du Bonnet in the Payee search field
3. Select the correct name according to the list above
4. Enter your account number, which is your ten-digit tax roll number as displayed on the top right-hand corner of your tax statement. You must enter all 10 digits, but do not enter the decimal point
Should you require a receipt please send your email address to email@example.com
and request to have your receipt emailed to you.
NOTE: Most financial institutions take 2-4 business days to process the online payment. Penalties will be applied if the payment is not received by the due date.
Tax Installment Payment Program (T.I.P.P)
The Tax Installment Payment Program (T.I.P.P) is a monthly tax installment payment plan which allows taxpayers to make monthly preauthorized payments for property taxes rather than a single annual payment in September.
The withdrawals are made on the 15th of each month except in cases where the 15th falls on the weekend or a holiday, the withdrawals will be made on the next business day following the 15th.
NOTE: If you own multiple properties in the Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet, you must complete one application per property.
Payments can be accepted with Telpay Online payment service for a 50 cent transaction fee per payment.
Telpay Online Set-up Instructions
- Complete all required fields
- Enter 00004F3 for Telpay Biller Code.
- Confirm and activate your account.
2. Make your first payment
- Complete required payment details in "Biller information" and "Payment instructions".
- Telpay Biller Code: 00004F3
- Customer Account Number: use your 9 digit account number
- Enter payment amount and choose payment date*
- Confirm and accept payment details
3. Confirm your payment method
- Enter the bank account that Telpay should debit your payment from
- Review and agree to Customer Agreement
- For verification purposes, email a copy of void cheque (businesses) or a copy of a utility bill (individuals) and a signed authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 866-396-2548
*Please allow 3 business days for your payment to be applied to your RM OF LAC DU BONNET
**First payment cannot be processed until we receive a copy of your void cheque (businesses) or a copy of a utility bill (individuals) and a signed authorization form.
Property taxes are calculated based on the assessed value of your property. Taxes are assessed from January 1st to December 31st of the current year.
Appealing your assessment
Property Assessment Notices (if there are changes) are generally mailed out in August. To appeal the 2020 property assessment, application for revision must be received by the RM of Lac du Bonnet office by 4:30 pm on Tuesday September 3rd, 2019.
There are several property tax credits that you may be eligible to apply for, to assist in the payment of your property taxes.
Most homeowners currently receive this property tax credit directly on their tax statements. Eligible recipients may receive up to a maximum of $700 as a reduction of their school division taxes. You are eligible to receive this credit once for your primary residence that you own. You will not be approved for this credit to display on your tax statement if your home is registered in a corporate name, if you have more than 1 dwelling on your property, or if your mailing address is not local. If you did not receive the EPTCA, but believe that you qualify, please contact our office or the Manitoba Tax Assistance Office.
The Senior’s School Tax Rebate has changed effective 2016. The Rebate can be claimed when you file your income tax return. This means that a separate application for the Rebate is no longer necessary. It also means that in future years, you will be able to make retroactive claims for up to three years, but no further back than the 2016 Rebate.
The Manitoba government is offering a rebate and landowners are required to submit an annual application to Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation (MASC). The rebate applies only to the school taxes assessed on your farmland and does not apply to residences or buildings. Please visit the website for more information.